Current employment opportunities
For the 2022/23 school year, we are looking to hire:
Substitute teachers earn $75 for 1/2 day and $150 per half-day while also receiving PERA retirement benefits.Part Time (25 hours per week) classroom assistants starting at $20 per hour.For the 2023/24 school year, we are looking to hire credentialed Montessori teachers to fill classroom needs for our growing student population. Anticipated job openings include kindergarten and lower elementary lead teachers.
Contact Sonya Hemmen to inquire about any of these jobs at 970-963-7199 or email@example.com.Our professional staff enjoys a collegial and collaborative environment, competitive compensation based on credentials and years of experience, Colorado PERA retirement benefits, personal and professional development opportunities, and excellent health benefits. We are located in the rural resort community of the Town of Carbondale on the western slope of Colorado within the Roaring Fork Valley. Carbondale is continually rated as a top place to live and work for outdoor enthusiasts. Carbondale has a diverse populace, more than 300 days of sunshine a year, spectacular views of Mt. Sopris, acres of parks and open space, and a wide range of cultural activities, is forty minutes to Aspen and three hours to Denver.
Before You Apply:
If interested in applying for a full-time teaching position, note the application requirements below.
- Hold a minimum of a Bachelor of Arts degree. Bus drivers and classroom assistants are exempted from this requirement, although formal education and experience are considered for an official memorandum of employment upon being hired.
- Possess a true love of following the child and nurturing life-long learners
- Have an AMS or AMI Montessori credential or ESSA teacher qualified status as per Colorado Department of Education https://www.cde.state.co.us/fedprograms/tii/a_hqt or be enrolled in a Montessori program, or be willing to participate in on-site training
- Having significant lead teaching experience in an authentic Montessori environment preferred
- Be willing to balance the demands of providing a high-quality Montessori experience in a charter school environment; authorized through the Charter School Institute.
- Understand standards-based curriculum alignment and progress monitoring systems that ensure fidelity of program implementation
Interested in a position?
- Have a genuine desire for collaboration
- Commit to open, honest communication in the spirit of continuous improvement
Provide a completed application found below via e-mail to Sonya Hemmen, Head of School, Ross Montessori School, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ross Montessori School is to prepare compassionate life-long learners to have a positive impact on the world.
Children, Joy of Discovery, Dedication to Mastery, Compassionate Love, Community
We envision a time when Ross Montessori School will be an exemplary educational institution and recognized as such all over the world. Educators from all backgrounds will observe and learn from our model, which is grounded in the Montessori Method. Parents will choose our school over any other with a steadfast belief in the value we create for the children, families, and communities we serve.
Our children will be immersed in the joy of discovery. All seasons will enrich programming with art, music, and drama. Students will actively participate in community service projects and conservation programs,
and every child will emerge as a creative and competent problem solver.
We will send citizens into the world who profoundly impact their communities. They will face adversity and challenge with humility, grace, and compassion. They will inspire others to better the Earth and its inhabitants. All who know them will be better for it for generations into the future.
Ross as a place to train to become a Montessori teacher:
Why do we train teachers in residence?
According to the North American Montessori Teachers Association, approximately 200 available jobs remain unfilled each year. The demand is so great that some schools even sponsor candidates to take Montessori training in exchange for a contract to teach at the school for a certain number of years. We work with the Center for Guided Montessori Studies for online training offered in unison with our highly skilled and trained on-site teaching coach.
You'll have no trouble finding a job if you’re a teacher trained by a respected Montessori program. It’s a secure career to get into since the demand for teachers isn’t going away any time soon. Part of our Strategic Accountability Plan accounts for this program. We are constantly looking for, recruiting, and vetting appropriate candidates for this program at Ross Montessori. Classroom Staff Application
ADA Compliance Errors0