Current employment opportunities at Ross
Ross Montessori School Employment Opportunities for 2019/20
We are always looking for caring individuals to be part of our learning community. For the 2019/20 school year, we are interested in meeting:
Part-time staff earns between $15 and $20 per hour. PERA benefits included. Pay for fall break, winter break, and spring break!
· Part-time World Languages Lab Facilitator
· Part-time classroom assistant teachers for kindergarten, lower el, and upper el
· Substitute teachers
· Bus Drivers
Our professional staff enjoys a collegial and collaborative environment, competitive compensation based on credential and years of experience, Colorado PERA retirement benefits, personal and professional development opportunities, and excellent health benefits. We are located in the Town of Carbondale on the western slope of Colorado within the Roaring Fork Valley. Carbondale is continually rated as a top place to live and work for outdoor enthusiasts. Carbondale has a diverse and highly educated populace, more than 300 days of sunshine a year, spectacular views of Mt. Sopris, acres of parks and open space, a wide range of cultural activities, is forty minutes to Aspen, and three hours to Denver.
Before You Apply: If you are interested in applying for a faculty position, note application requirements
· Minimum of Bachelor of Arts degree
· Possess a true love of following the child and nurturing life-long learners
· AMS or AMI Montessori credential, and ESSA teacher qualified status as per Colorado Department of Education https://www.cde.state.co.us/fedprograms/tii/a_hqt (or) be enrolled in a Montessori program, (or) be willing to participate in on-site training
· Significant lead teaching experience in an authentic Montessori environment preferred
· Willingness to balance the demands of providing high-quality Montessori experience in a charter school environment; authorized through the Charter School Institute (Denver, Colorado)
· Familiarity with charter school accountability requirements
· Understanding of standards-based curriculum alignment and progress monitoring systems that ensure fidelity of program implementation
· True desire for collaboration
· Commitment to open, honest communication in the spirit of continuous improvement
Interested: Before calling, please provide a completed application found at www.rossmontessori.org/careers-at-ross via e-mail to Sonya Hemmen, Head of School, Ross Montessori School, firstname.lastname@example.org. Call 970-963-7199 for any questions or to request additional information.
Ross Montessori School Mission 2045
The mission of Ross Montessori School is to prepare compassionate life-long learners to have a positive impact on the world.
We envision a time when Ross Montessori School will be an exemplary educational institution and recognized as such all over the world. Educators from all backgrounds will observe and learn from our model, grounded in the Montessori Method. Parents will choose our school over any other with a steadfast belief in the value we create for the children, families, and communities we serve.
Our children will be immersed in the joy of discovery. Programming will be enriched with art, music, and drama through all the seasons. Students will actively participate in community service projects and conservation programs, and every child will emerge a creative and competent problem solver.
We will send citizens into the world who have a profound impact on their communities. They will face adversity and challenge with humility, grace, and compassion. They will inspire others to better the Earth and its inhabitants. All who know them will be better for it for generations into the future.
Children, Joy of Discovery, Dedication to Mastery, Compassionate Love, Community