Current employment opportunities at Ross
5 days ago
Employment Opportunities for 2018/19:
Ross Montessori School is always recruiting for the best Montessori educators who share our values and who want to be part of the meaningful work we do for children.
Part time classroom assistants for multiple levels (kinder, lower el and upper el)
Part time speech provider
Part time or full time interventionist.
Join Our Team: Staff housing is available on-site for new, full-time teachers during the 2018/19 school year!
The staff at RMS enjoys many benefits:
• A collegial, collaborative environment
• Competitive compensation based on experience
• PERA retirement benefits
• Personal and professional development opportunities at a Charter School Institute authorized charter school
• Excellent employment and health benefits (full time staff)
• A western slope community located in the Roaring Fork Valley
• A diverse, highly educated populace
• More than 300 days of sunshine a year, with spectacular views of the Rocky Mountains
• More than 1500 acres of parks and open space, perfect for outdoor enthusiasts
• Proximity to a wide range of cultural and outdoor activities, just forty minutes to Aspen and three hours to Denver
Before You Apply
If you are interested in applying for a position, please note the following requirements:
• Minimum of Bachelor’s degree
• Possess a true love of following the child and nurturing life-long learners
• Hold an AMS or AMI Montessori credential, as well as be qualified based on the Every Student Succeeds Act https://www.cde.state.co.us/fedprograms/tii/a_hqtstatus as per Colorado Department of Education
• (or) be enrolled in a Montessori program, currently (or be willing to be trained on site)
• Significant lead teaching experience in an Authentic Montessori environment preferred
• Willingness to balance the demands of providing high quality Montessori experience in a charter school environment; we are authorized through the Charter School Institute (Denver, Colorado)
• Familiarity with charter school accountability requirements
• Understanding of standards-based curriculum alignment and progress monitoring systems that ensure fidelity of program implementation
• A true desire for collaboration
• A commitment to open, honest communication in the spirit of continuous improvement
Ross Montessori School Mission 2045
The mission of Ross Montessori School is to prepare compassionate life-long learners to have a positive impact on the world.
We envision a time when Ross Montessori School will be an exemplary educational institution and recognized as such all over the world. Educators from all backgrounds will observe and learn from our model, grounded in the Montessori Method. Parents will choose our school over any other with a steadfast belief in the value we create for the children, families and communities we serve.
Our children will be immersed in the joy of discovery. Programming will be enriched with art, music and drama through all the seasons. Students will actively participate in community service projects and conservation programs, and every child will emerge a creative and competent problem solver.
We will send citizens into the world who have a profound impact on their communities. They will face adversity and challenge with humility, grace and compassion. They will inspire others to better the Earth and its inhabitants. All who know them will be the better for it for generations into the future.
Children, Joy of Discovery, Dedication to Mastery, Compassionate Love, Community
Before calling, please provide a completed application
Sonya Hemmen, Head of School